You Tube Video:
Although breast cancer is the most common cancer in women is not cancer is diagnosed in more than three quarters of all palpable lumps or breast tumors, but found a benign overgrowth. For many, groped by the women themselves breast lumps no tumor is present, but only a cyst or an atypical growth. Benign, real tumors often go from connective tissue (fibroadenoma) and sometimes by fat cells from (lipomas).
Malignant tumors of the breast (breast cancer) usually go from the glandular portion of the breast. As a rule of the milk ducts and rarely from the lobules.
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
- Scanning of the chest
- Sampling without surgery
- High speed stamping
- Stereotaktische Stanzbiopsie
A combination of the method enables a reliable diagnosis without surgical tissue removal.
Chemotherapy in breast cancer
Breast cancer patients can benefit at different stages of the disease from breast cancer by chemotherapy:
- Chemotherapy can complement surgery and radiation. Chemotherapy can reduce the risk of relapse and the risk of metastasis: It is aimed at tumor cells that remain invisible in the tissue. They are known in this case as adjuvant chemotherapy. Adjuvant chemotherapy for women comes into question, in which adjuvant anti-hormone therapy would not work, because her tumor grows hormone-independent.
- Adjuvant chemotherapy is recommended but also women with hormone-sensitive tumors, if a high risk of relapse is feared from the outset.
- Chemotherapy before surgery may also reduce the risk of relapse and metastasis. Prior to surgery, chemotherapy is also intended to shrink the tumor. Women can then breast-conserving surgery in spite of large tumors. This form of treatment is called neoadjuvant.
- In an inflammatory breast cancer
- If the breast cancer has spread and other organs are affected by breast cancer metastasis. The therapy is intended to reduce tumor growth and relieve disease-related symptoms.
Side effects of chemotherapy in breast cancer
- hair loss
- Mucosal inflammation in the mouth, intestines, genitals
- Increased infection-prone
Breast cancer prevention and treatment
Women at high risk for breast cancer is recommended to be removed in addition to the Brustgewebsentfernung the ovaries. This intervention is always done under general anesthesia. The operation can be gently performed endoscopically through a few small incisions.
After the procedure, the production of hormones the ovaries missing. Thus, the brain is affected and even the metabolism.
- Luteal hormone (progesterone)
Several years before menopause, the levels of progesterone begins to decrease. By entering the menopause, the estrogen production can greatly reduce. It is almost exclusively produced testosterone.
Effects of ovariectomy
Progesterone deficiency can lead to depressive moods. Too little progesterone but can also lead to water retention, to veins pain and bloating of the intestines.
Estrogens ensure the beauty of skin and hair. They dilate blood vessels and regulate blood pressure. Estrogens regulate cholesterol levels and reduce heart attack or stroke risk. They also continue to provide the humidification of the mucous membranes.
Testosterone is responsible for a strong bone mass, muscle tissue, the tension and thickness of the skin. It helps build muscle, reduce body fat production, improves the ability to think, provides the necessary drive and is effective against depression and heart disease. Finally, testosterone is crucial for the Libidio.
Mastectomy and breast implants
During a mastectomy, the body of the mammary gland is removed in both breasts to reduce the risk of cancer dramatically. After consultation with the surgeon the nipple or the skin of the areola can be maintained. This, however the breast risk is increased because more parts of the breast tissue can survive the process of the skin.
The breast reconstruction can be done with body fat or silicone implants. Currently the way with silicone implant is faster and the result at the end also visually appealing. In addition, it bulges enough body's own fat, which must be first available to the own fat extraction.
Restoration of the breast with the implant, autologous fat or saline
When a desired saline as a filler, this engagement is (4-6 cm) carried out with only a small section because the introduced silicone pad is filled only after the insertion with this solution.
Own fat as a filling material is controversial, justified by the possible degradation of the natural fat within the first year, which further operational subsequent corrections are necessary. Meanwhile, there are improved methods for autologous fat harvesting and processing, so that the percentage of fat cells that do not grow but die and be transported away from the body, is always less.
the current generation silicone implants provide good protection before sailing. The shape is balanced and look more realistic than saline solutions. Silicone implants are very stable and suitable for reconstruction in breast cancer.
Approx. 60-80% of all breast cancer patients, the tumor can be operated out. Breast must yet be amputated, the plastic surgeon with a construction plastic "reconstruction Mammaplasty" can restore these days by the enormous progress of science the breast.
It operated at least 60% of these operations Brusterhaltend. Before however, the operation is performed, the question an own blood collection is to rethink avoiding the risks of a foreign blood transfusion as a result.
Methods of breast reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction using your own tissue (usually from the abdominal region)
- Plastic implant
- Tissue Expander technology, where an empty plastic bag under the chest muscle is created and filled with saline over a period of about 2 months at regular intervals, until it reaches the maximum result. After about 6 months, the implant against a silicone pad can be replaced then.
Price - cost in euro:
3 - 6 hours at the removal of a natural tissue
1 - 2 weeks
ability to work
After about 3-8 weeks (depending on the type of surgery)
When using an implant, depending on the implant about 8 - 15 years
Breast cancer operations are usually covered by health insurance
If there were in the immediate relationship two or more cases of breast cancer, to go in advance of the 40th year of life to the gynecologist and be tested for the genetic defect. Is this determined, it is advisable that you let yourself in for regular checks at short intervals or operate. The high risk of cancer due to heredity can only solve operational and that needs every woman to decide for themselves.
The moderate risk of almost 10% during the life of a woman developing breast cancer is still to have no reason to operate. From the age of 40 years should be examined regularly.
Before the operation:
Brustgewebsentfernung and breast implant
- 10 days in advance any blood-thinning agent
- 10 days ago no cigarette and alcohol consumption
After the operation:
Brustgewebsentfernung and breast implant
- Mind. Two weeks dressing for shape retention
- 2 months wear a sports bra
- 1 month no sunbathing
- 2 to 3 months no heavy lifting and carrying
- 6-8 weeks sleeping on your back