Drooping eyelids, hanging eyelids or bags also can be corrected aesthetically. This correction is carried out like in the upper eyelid, considered a very diffizilerer intervention, but, not here too much skin can be removed. Also bags as fat filled with lymph removed it carefully.
This operation must be performed under general anesthesia because the patient must be absolutely quiet, to work with the microscope.
The intervention is made mostly on both eyelids of at the same time, or else a non-uniformity of appearance can occur. A fatty tissue to protect of the eye exists in the Interior of the eye socket. This fatty tissue can get out in some cases below the eyeball. In this so-called bags under the eyes, therefore the fat must be separated.
The visible part of the eye is greater after the recent eyelid surgery. The lids are covered in the eyelid of the orbital muscle, therefore must be also a part of this muscle fibers during this procedure be removed, to achieve a longer-lasting success. The fine cut is carried out under the lash, so later hardly any traces of scars will be.
In difficult cases, it makes more sense to carry a side Kanthoplastik, this means that the lower eyelid is laterally fixed on the periosteum of the orbit. If it scars should remain, these may be removed after 1 year with the laser technique. The OP is off a little bit the lower eyelid, must or can be repeated after about 2 months of intervention.
The aesthetic result is very satisfactory by the continual refinement of the surgical technique and brings a fresher and restore appearance for the patient for many years.
Before however, an operation can be made, some diseases need to be clarified, E.g. is an eye affliction, this doctor must be informed, heart and circulatory diseases are known, applies as well the visit before the 'family doctor' than is absolutely necessary, as E.g. eye bags and dark circles would arise by a heart condition and therefore a lower eyelid correction make no sense.
Lower eyelid corrections are subject than in the upper eyelid with a much better risk, that's why you should choose particularly here a highly experienced plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist with additional training.
Price - cost in euro:
|operation type||usually general anesthesia or in exceptional cases: local anesthesia|
|operation duration||Approx. 20 minutes per lid|
|hospitalization||About 2-6 days|
|medication||4 days drugs against possible infection ointment for about 1 year|
|ability to work||after 8 days|
Before of the operation:
- about 3-4 weeks no alcohol and cigarette consumption
- about 14 days before the surgery no blood-clotting drugs
- 12 hours before the surgery eat anything (if you had opted for the local anesthesia, and while the surgical general anesthesia was necessary, this can be important)
- 8 Days on the back with höhergestelltem only top sleep
- 8 days wearing of a pair of sunglasses after surgery (also for your own protection against curious), for the protection of the eyelid 2 months sunglasses carry
- about 8 days no eye makeup
- rub the face or the eyes for several weeks
- no contact lenses for at least 1 week
- at least 3-4 weeks no sports
- 4 weeks after the surgery no cigarettes
- placing an ice glasses or cool compresses for about 1-2 weeks