Desertification (sclerotherapy) is a treatment method to reduce spider veins. This injected a means in the veins, through the affiliated resulting inflammation in the tissue glue the veins, so no blood can flow through more.
The detached tissue particles are excreted through the lymphatic channels again. During pregnancy, this intervention should not be made.
Price - cost in euro:
|Operation kind||usually outpatient, multiple sessions can be but necessary|
|Operation duration||Depending on the amount of at least 0.5-1 hour|
|Ability to work||After 2-3 days|
prior to surgery:
- for several weeks no Sun
After the surgery:
- Unconditional wearing elastic bandages for at least 1 week
- even after the Veröden no Sonnenbestrahlungen of whatsoever for several weeks
- No heat (E.g. sauna) for several weeks
Advice for the future:
- frequent cold showers on the legs
- High camps of the legs
- frequent moving of the legs (Sport: swimming, running, jogging, etc.)